Journey to Japan Terms and Conditions
1. Eligibility: This Promotion is open to residents of the England aged 18 and over who hold an unpaid voluntary role at an RFU Recognised Rugby Club, RFU Constituent Body or Society, except for employees (including immediate families of employees) of The Colt Car Company Ltd, its agencies, Mitsubishi Motors authorised dealerships, and anyone directly connected with the Promotion.
2. No purchase necessary; however, internet access is required.
3. Promotion Period: Enter between 12:00 BST on the 7th August 2019 and 23.59 BST on the 31st August 2019 inclusive.
4. To Enter: Visit www.mitsubishi-motors.co.uk/JourneyToJapan during the Promotion Period, provide your details (name, email address and contact telephone number) and your Club, Constituent Body or Society’s details, including your voluntary role before answering the three questions to be entered into the Competition.
5. Maximum one entry per person throughout the Promotion.
6. All entries must be received by the end of the Promotion Period to be valid and no liability is accepted for incomplete or late entries.
7. Finalist Selection: All valid entries received during the Promotion Period (subject to moderation) will be independently judged by PromoVeritas within 5 working days from the close of the Promotion Period to select 20 shortlisted entries based on the following criteria:
a. Answering all three questions within the entry process.
b. The ways in which the club encourages inclusivity within the sport.
c. The ways in which the club has and does encourage new people to join.
d. The ways in which the club attempts to and achieves retention of players within the sport.
e. The feasibility and strength of plans to improve the quality of experience at the club in the future.
The shortlisted entries will be judged by a panel of judges, within 10 working days from the close of the Promotion Period to select three Finalists based on the same criteria.
8. Winner Selection: Three finalists will be invited to pitch their club’s achievements, plans and ideas to the CEOs of RFU and Mitsubishi Motors UK on 17th September at the Mitsubishi Motors UK Head Office in Cirencester, Gloucestershire.
9. Further Pitch Details and Conditions:
a. Pitches must be no longer than 15 minutes and must elaborate on the answers given within the Finalist’s original entry. Finalists should allow for 15 minutes for questions after their pitch.
b. Finalists must prepare their own supporting material for the Pitch, including presentations if they would like to do so.
c. Finalists must be available to travel to and attend the Pitch event on the 17th September. If a Finalist is unable to attend, they will be deemed ineligible for Winner Selection.
d. Finalists must make their own way to the Mitsubishi Motors UK Head Office. The Promoter will reimburse the Finalists up to £100 for travel expenses.
e. By taking part in the Winner Selection process and the Pitch, the Finalists grant the Promoter full, royalty-free rights to use any images resulting from the photography/video filming of them, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for marketing, publicity, television or other purposes without payment. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media and press releases for up to five years. If a Finalist does not wish to be included, they must inform the Promoter during the Winner Notification process.
10. The Prize: The Winner will win a six-night trip for them and a fellow volunteer to Japan. The Prize includes:
a. Return flights to and from Japan between 31st October 2019 and 6th November 2019
b. Six nights’ accommodation at Imperial Hotel Tokyo, in a standard double or twin room, including breakfast each morning during the stay.
c. Transfers in Japan to and from the airport and accommodation.
d. A day with Japan Rugby visiting a local rugby club and meeting members from Japan Rugby and the grassroots community of the game.
11. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. The fellow volunteer of the Winner must also be an unpaid volunteer at the same rugby club, with an integral role to the club’s achievements and future plans. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse the prize to any person that does not entirely fulfil this criteria.
b. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include travel/transportation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
c. The RFU will be notified of the Winner and databases will be checked against any Club Banning Orders as well as the National Police Database for those who may be subject to a court banning order. If the Winner is found to be subject to a Club Banning Order or court banning order, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the winner.
d. All elements of the prize package must be taken as part of the same trip.
e. Airline seats are subject to availability;
f. Flights will depart from London Heathrow Airport only and flights will arrive in Haneda Airport, Tokyo.
g. Flights may be overnight so the Winner and their fellow volunteer may be required to depart or arrive in their home country either side of the specified trip dates.
h. The Winner and their fellow volunteer must travel together in both directions.
i. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
j. The Winner and their fellow volunteer must abide by and are subject to the Airline’s published Conditions of Carriage.
k. Once tickets have been issued, they are only valid for flights, dates and times shown.
l. Travel must be taken at the stated times; no alternatives are available. Name changes to the flight seats once confirmed are not permitted.
m. If a booking is cancelled by the winner, no alternative tickets will be issued and for the avoidance of doubt, no compensation and/or refund will be provided.
n. Lounge passes and upgrades are not permitted.
o. Frequent Flyer points cannot be accrued on the flight tickets. An upgrade cannot be purchased on these tickets with cash or Frequent Flyer points.
p. Flight extras are not included in the prize (flight extras include, but are not limited to, on-board meals and drinks).
q. The Winner and their fellow volunteer will require a passport valid for at least 6 months on date of travel each.
r. Any necessary visas or travel insurance are the responsibility of the Winner and their fellow volunteer.
s. The Winner or the fellow volunteer will not be entitled to any compensation and will have no claim against the Promoter if a flight, or any other element forming part of the Prize is delayed, postponed, rescheduled or cancelled.
t. The Winner must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs.
u. A valid credit or debit card will be required to check in to your room and will be used to guarantee any incidentals such as in-room calls or services.
v. The Winner is responsible for their and their fellow volunteer’s behaviour whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the Winner and their fellow volunteer from participation in any aspect of the Prize if they fail to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or if the Winner or the fellow volunteer acts in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
12. Winner Notification: The Winner shall be contacted via the email address or telephone number provided on entry within 2 working days of Winner Selection and shall be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prize, within 3 days of initial contact. In the event that the Winner does not respond to the initial contact within 3 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify them. If the Winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. The reserve winner may have less time to respond.
13. The Winner and must provide their details, plus the role and the details of their chosen fellow volunteer within 3 days of Winner Notification.
14. The Winner shall be contacted within 10 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange the fulfilment of the Prize.
15. Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. are in breach of the Terms and Conditions.
b. contain any content that is likely to be considered offensive by the Promoter or could reflect negatively the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication.
c. defames, misrepresents, or insult other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Promoter (including its partners).
d. promotes any political agenda.
16. By taking part in and accepting the prize, the Winner and their fellow volunteer grants the Promoter full, royalty-free rights to use any images or videos resulting from the photography/video filming of them, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for marketing, publicity, television or other purposes without payment. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media and press releases for up to five years. The Promoter may request that the Winner and their fellow volunteer capture photography/video during their trip. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the Winner and their fellow volunteer agree to grant the Promoter full, royalty-free rights to use any images or videos captured by the Winner and/or their fellow volunteer during their trip. If the Winner or their fellow volunteer does not wish to be included, they must inform The Promoter prior to accepting the prize.
17. The Winner agrees to allow the Promoter to use their surname and county of residence to announce the Winner of the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to publish this. The Winner may object to their surname or country of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced.
18. Subject to the Winner’s consent, their surname and county will be available 4 weeks following the close of the Promotion by sending a self-addressed envelope to ENGINE Sport, 50 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 7RT for a period of 8 weeks.
19. Under no circumstance is The Prize transferable or exchangeable and it cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. The Winner is strictly prohibited from selling their Prize to any other person. If for any reason the Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
20. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, for reasons including but not limited to infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
21. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of an entrant's fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement under these Terms and Conditions.
22. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing shall exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
23. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full shall be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that participant’s entries shall be disqualified and any prize awarded shall be void. Entrants are not permitted to enter using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
24. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
25. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
27. If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
28. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
29. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: The Colt Car Company Ltd, Watermoor, Cirencester, Gloucestershire. GL7 1LF.