Emergency Stop signal System (ESS)
Automatically alert traffic behind you
ABS brakes with EBD
RISE (Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution) Body
Keeping you & yours safe
Active Stability Control (ASC)
If you have a wobble, the car won’t
Hill Start Assist (HSA)
No rolling backwards on hills
Hill Start Assist (HSA) makes it easier to start off on a steep uphill slope by preventing the vehicle from rolling backward. When a gradient is detected, it automatically maintains the brakes until the accelerator is applied.
Seven Airbag System
Protection for everyone in the car
To keep you and your passengers safe in the event of a collision, ASX is equipped with a 7-airbag system. The front seat occupants are protected by front airbags, plus an additional knee airbag for the driver in the event of a forward collision. In a side collision, the front occupants are protected by side airbags and occupants in both rows are protected by curtain airbags extending along the sides.
Some of the equipment may vary in appearance or availability according to country. Please consult your local Mitsubishi dealer/distributor for more detailed information.
- Auto Stop and Go (AS&G) requirements vary depending on the conditions of use. AS&G can be switched off as needed. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
-7-Airbag System is optional. Equipment may vary from the image shown. Airbags are part of a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS). To decrease the risk of injury from a deploying airbag, always wear your seat belt, sit upright in the middle of the seat and do not lean against the door. Always place children 12 and under in the rear seat and use appropriate child restraints. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat. Please see the owner’s manual and the instructions provided with your child restraint for additional information.
- FCM: The detection and control capabilities of Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM) are supplemental only and do not prevent collisions in every situation. Please drive safely and do not rely solely on this system while driving. FCM operates when a vehicle is in front of your vehicle. FCM is also designed to detect pedestrians, but may not detect them or be activated in some situations. Auto braking is activated for a car ahead when your vehicle is travelling at a speed of approx. 5 km/h to 80 km/h and for a pedestrian ahead at approx. 5 km/h to 65 km/h. Since FCM has no function to maintain braking, the brake is released approximately 2 seconds after stopping. To prevent the vehicle from rolling thereafter, the driver may have to hold the brake pedal down. In some cases, FCM may not function if the driver takes actions for accident avoidance through steering or acceleration operation. If you have any questions, please consult your local Mitsubishi Motors dealer/distributor for details.
- LDW: Lane Departure Warning is not designed to lessen risks associated with not looking ahead carefully (attention drawn to something on the side, absentmindedness, etc.) or poor visibility caused by bad weather, etc. It is designed to detect the lane at a speed of approx. 65 km/h or more. Keep steering your vehicle correctly and drive safely. The system may not be able to detect the lane correctly in some conditions. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
- AHB：This system activates at a speed of approx. 40 km/h or more and deactivates at lower speeds. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
- BSW: The detection and control capabilities of Blind Spot Warning (BSW) are supplemental only and do not warn you of vehicles in blind spots in every situation. Please do not rely solely on this system while driving. BSW may not operate normally in some cases, depending on traffic, weather, road surface conditions and the presence of obstructions. Drivers are fully responsible for their own safe driving. The radar wave graphics are used for illustrative purposes only and do not represent the actual sensor application. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
- RCTA: Do not rely solely on this system, which may not detect all moving vehicles in certain conditions. Drivers are fully responsible for their own safe driving. The radar wave graphics are for illustrative purposes only and do not represent the actual sensor application. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
- ASC/TCL: The control capabilities of ASC/TCL are supplemental only. Please drive safely and never rely solely on these functions while driving. Be sure to use the same specified type and size of tyres on all 4 wheels. Do not install any aftermarket limited slip differential on your vehicle. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
- HSA: Hill Start Assist (HSA) is not a substitute for safe driving. Never rely solely on this function while driving on steep roads. Your vehicle may move backwards if the brake pedal is heavily loaded, or if road is very steep or slippery. This function is not designed to keep the vehicle stopped in place on uphill slopes for more than 2 seconds. Do not rely on this function to maintain a stopped position as an alternative to depressing the brake pedal. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.