Outlander PHEV Safety
ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL SYSTEM (ACC)
Helping you keep a safe distance
FORWARD COLLISION MITIGATION SYSTEM (FCM)
Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
If you drift, the car will tell you
This smart feature will create a beep and display a warning on the meter cluster to let you know if your vehicle has drifted from its lane and you're not using your indicators.
Automatic High Beam (AHB)
It switches the beam for you
To make driving at night easier, the high beam automatically switches to low beam whenever vehicles ahead are detected. Once the oncoming vehicle has passed, it switches back. You'll never need to take your hands off the steering wheel to switch them manually again.
Blind Spot Warning (BSW)
No more blind spots
Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
Reversing with confidence
If radar sensors in the rear bumper detect an approaching vehicle once you've put the car into reverse, a warning message appears in the multi-information display, a buzzer sounds and an indicator blinks in both door mirrors.
Multi Around Monitor
See the car from every angle
Those tricky manoeuvres just got easier. Cameras mounted on the front, rear and sides of the vehicle (including a bird's eye view) will show you what's in your blind spots and help you park more easily. It will also help you detect whether a vehicle or pedestrian is crossing behind the car.
Ultrasonic Misacceleration Mitigation System (UMS)
To help prevent collisions while parking, a buzzer sounds and a warning displays if the front or rear sensors detect a nearby obstacle. Acceleration is also controlled if you suddenly put your foot down by accident.
Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) Body
A cabin with a protective shell
The Outlander PHEV is built using our advanced Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution body. It strategically places reinforcements at critical points to help route and absorb energy in the event of a high impact collision. So you and your passengers are kept safe when you need it most.
Equipment may vary by market. Please consult your local Mitsubishi Motors dealer/distributor for details.
- FCM: The detection and control capabilities of Forward Collision Mitigation [FCM] are supplemental only and do not prevent collisions in every situation. Please drive safely and do not rely solely on this system while driving. FCM operates when a vehicle is in front of your vehicle. FCM is also designed to detect pedestrians, but may not detect them or be activated in some situations. Auto braking is activated for a car ahead when your vehicle is travelling at a speed of approx. 5km/h to 80km/h and for a pedestrian ahead at approx. 5km/h to 65km/h. Since FCM has no function to maintain braking, the brake is released approximately 2 seconds after stopping. To prevent the vehicle from rolling thereafter, the driver may have to hold the brake pedal down. In some cases, FCM may not function if the driver takes actions for accident avoidance through steering or acceleration operation. If you have any questions, please consult your local Mitsubishi Motors dealer/distributor for details.
- ACC: The detection and control capabilities of ACC are supplemental only. Please drive safely and do not rely solely on this system while driving. ACC may not be activated in some situations. This system may not correctly detect the actual situation depending on the type of vehicle in front and its conditions, the weather conditions, and the road conditions. Additionally, the system may be unable to decelerate sufficiently if the vehicle in front applies the brakes suddenly or another vehicle cuts into your path, so your vehicle approaches the front vehicle. If you have any questions, please consult your local Mitsubishi Motors dealer/distributor for details.
- LDW: Lane Departure Warning is not designed to lessen risks associated with not looking ahead carefully (attention drawn to something on the side, absentmindedness, etc.) or poor visibility caused by bad weather, etc. It is designed to detect the lane at a speed of approx. 65km/h or more. Keep steering your vehicle correctly and drive safely. The system may not be able to detect the lane correctly in some conditions. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
- AHB: This system activates at a speed of approx. 40km/h or more and deactivates at lower speeds. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
- BSW: The detection and control capabilities of Blind Spot Warning [BSW] are supplemental only and do not warn you of vehicles in blind spots in every situation. Please do not rely solely on this system while driving. Blind Spot Warning may not operate normally in some cases, depending on traffic, weather, road surface conditions and the presence of obstructions. Drivers are fully responsible for their own safe driving. The radar wave graphics are used for illustrative purposes only and do not represent the actual sensor application. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
- RCTA: Do not rely solely on this system, which may not detect all moving vehicles in certain conditions. Drivers are fully responsible for their own safe driving.
- The radar wave graphics are for illustrative purposes only and do not represent the actual sensor application. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
- UMS: The detection and control capabilities of Ultrasonic misacceleration Mitigation System [UMS] are supplemental only and do not prevent misacceleration in every situation. Please drive safely and do not rely solely on this system while driving. To prevent the motor output control provided by UMS from causing an impediment during normal driving in rough-road driving conditions, the system automatically de-activates and indicates UMS OFF in the meter cluster when the FCM function is OFF or the ASC function is OFF. No function completely stops the vehicle via the automatic braking. The vehicle may creep forward or backward even when motor output is regulated. The sensing system may not work for netlike and sharp-edged obstructions that do not sufficiently reflect ultrasonic sound. UMS does not include a function which keeps the vehicle stationary. The driver is responsible for stopping the vehicle by pressing the brake pedal as required by the driving conditions. The ultrasonic sensor wave graphics are for illustrative purposes only and do not represent the actual sensor application. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.