Mitsubishi's Apprentice Technician Programme
As one of the world’s largest vehicle manufacturers, Mitsubishi Motors is fully committed to retaining its position at the forefront of the industry.
The Colt Car Company Ltd is the official distributor for Mitsubishi Motors in the UK and we want to attract enthusiastic individuals into the industry who can help ease the shortage of skilled staff and provide technical expertise to support an expanding dealer network.
Education Training Programme
Our programme has been designed specifically with your future needs in mind. It maximises on-the-job training whilst minimising time away from the dealership. The programme is run by a fully qualified, dedicated team who will ensure that every candidate receives comprehensive training on the latest vehicles, specialist tools, industry technologies, diagnostic equipment, IT systems and customer handling techniques.
What's in it for you?
- You’ll achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 Apprenticeship Certificate as well as qualifications in functional skills and Mitsubishi specific qualifications
- Whilst you’re an apprentice, the dealership will pay you the national minimum wage standard (with any increase on this at the discretion of the dealership)
- You’ll get at least 20 days of paid holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- You’ll receive on-the-job training
- All Academy training is carried out by qualified Mitsubishi lecturers
- The programme is fully supported by Mitsubishi Motors in the UK
- You’ll enjoy full use of the Mitsubishi Academy resources
- You’ll be given block release for training
- Whilst on site your safety is paramount to us (24hr support provided)
Apprentice Technician Training
An apprenticeship is a great way to start your career with Mitsubishi. Successful completion of the comprehensive three-year Apprentice Technician Programme will ensure that you have the skills and knowledge to carry out every aspect of vehicle maintenance diagnostic and repair work within a Mitsubishi dealership.
Who should enrol?
As a guide to candidates enrolling on to the programme, the following would be beneficial:
- Predicted or achieved Grade C or above in GCSE Maths, English and a related subject
- Have a genuine interest in automotive engineering, electrics and electronics
- Have an interest in motor vehicles
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work within a team environment
Format of the scheme
Once a candidate has passed the selection process at their local dealership, the pathway below is followed:
- Candidates will join their dealership as an Apprentice Technician
- Candidates will receive on-the-job training from a Mitsubishi qualified Senior Technician in their dealership
- In addition, candidates will receive additional theoretical and practical training on block release at The Mitsubishi Academy based in Cirencester
- Candidates will receive regular visits in their dealership from a dedicated Field Assessor/Mentor
- Product specific courses will also be provided for any new Mitsubishi models
- Candidates will spend three years studying to become a qualified Mitsubishi Technician, during this time, progress will be regularly monitored and reviewed
The programme provides our dealer network with dedicated technicians, equipped with the necessary skills to move into specialist areas, becoming customer facing and potentially leading to senior management positions.
Reward for Successful Completion
Every candidate enrolled on the programme will work towards achieving the nationally recognised, Level 3, Light Vehicle Standards in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair; as well as achieving Mitsubishi Technician status upon completion of the programme.
In order to achieve completion of the Mitsubishi programme and recognition of occupational competence, candidates will need to complete:
- A series of performance based practical assessments – ‘Gateway Assessments’
- Training bock written and online assessments
- Formative assessment of behaviour
- Training programme ‘End Point’ practical assessment
- Functional Skills in English and Maths at Level 2
As part of the Apprenticeship Programme, apprentices will complete block release training away from their dealership. The training is carried out in the Mitsubishi Academy based at The Colt Car Company Limited in Cirencester.
During their block-release, apprentices will stay at Riverside House, which is located at CCC; a secure business site that is only accessible through a security gate that is manned 24 hours a day. Riverside House is independently managed and situated at the headquarters of The Colt Car Company Limited, official distributor for Mitsubishi Motors in the UK.
All of the rooms at Riverside House are en-suite with a TV and tea and coffee making facilities. B&B arrangements are made by The Training Department and lunch is provided at Riverside House during the apprentice’s stay at CCC.
To be considered for our Apprentice Programme you will first need to gain employment at a Mitsubishi dealer.
How to Apply
For more information on the Mitsubishi Apprentice Programme, please contact:
The Mitsubishi Academy,
The Colt Car Company,
Telephone 01285 647 794
At The Colt Car Company Limited, we aim to satisfy both the spirit and the letter of the laws relating to equality of opportunity. Our working environment, practices and terms and conditions of employment are designed to make sure that job applicants and employees do not receive less favourable treatment because of their race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability.
Any information you submit to us for employment purposes will only be used for that purpose and will be kept confidential. Your information will only be shared with those people involved in the recruitment process.
Please note that by submitting your details to us, you give your consent to us holding, using and processing your personal information for employment-related purposes.
If unsuccessful your details will be kept for a period of 6 months after which they will be securely destroyed.