All new Mitsubishi vehicles are provided with a comprehensive 5 year/62,500 mile* new car warranty.
At the end of this period, whether your vehicle is nearing the end of its manufacturer’s warranty, your annual mileage is higher than average or you’re worried about your MOT repair costs, we have a number of options for you.
Your new Mitsubishi vehicle has been manufactured using the latest engineering techniques and the most advanced methods of quality control to ensure trouble free motoring and enjoyment for years to come. To keep your vehicle in the best condition possible, it is recommended that you have your vehicle serviced and maintained by a Mitsubishi Motors in the UK Authorised Dealership.
Vehicle warranty period
New vehicles supplied in the UK by an authorised Mitsubishi Motors Dealer, and registered from 1st January 2015 have a 5 year, 62,500 mile warranty (whichever comes first). For vehicles registered prior to this date, please speak to your local dealer for details.
Subject to our terms and conditions, Mitsubishi Motors Europe B.V. (hereinafter called “MME”) warrants that any of the "Basic Warranty Items" of the new vehicle manufactured by or for MME shall be free from any defects in material or workmanship under normal use, provided that correct maintenance has been carried out.
Any of the basic warranty items covered by this new vehicle warranty will be repaired or replaced free of charge by any Mitsubishi Motors in the UK Authorised Dealership within the warranty period.
Anti-corrosion perforation warranty
Rust/corrosion other than perforation (rust through) on sheet metal panels and paint defects are covered under the "Basic Warranty Coverage".
The 12-year Anti-Corrosion Perforation Warranty does not cover the following items:
- Corrosion due to accident damage, abuse or vehicle modification
- Corrosion due to chemical pollution, bird lime, acid rain, traffic accidents, hail, sand, salt, de-icing agents, stones, fires and disasters or attributed to human fault, negligence, civil uprisings or natural calamities etc.
- Corrosion due to failure to perform minor repairs.
- Corrosion due to failure to perform the repair and maintenance as described in the Owner Manual.
- Damages incidental to the warranty repair, i.e. loss of use of vehicle, loss of time, expenses for fuel, telephone, travel or lodging, commercial loss or loss of revenue.
- Other cases of corrosion of which the causes are not attributable to MME.
The body sheet metal work and the underside of the vehicle must be inspected annually from the Warranty Start Date and re-treated if necessary at the owner's expense.
When the inspection has been completed, the body inspection record must be completed and stamped by the inspecting company. This record can be found in the Pan-European Services Booklet. An inspection check sheet must be fully completed and attached to the service book to support any Anti Perforation claim
Any minor repairs for stone chips, scratches and damage etc., must be repaired at the owner’s expense.
For a list of items not covered by warranty, please read our Terms and Conditions.
Non warranted items
- Air cleaner/ Oil filter element/ Fuel filter element/ Pollen filter elements
- Drive belts for :
- Water pump
- Power steering pump
- Air conditioning
- Spark Plugs (on or after the first scheduled replacement)
- Clutch centre plate facing and pressure plate
- Brake pads, brake discs and brake shoe lining materials
- Wiper blades
- Bulbs (for all lamps, except Xenon lamps)
Fluids & Lubricants
- Engine/ Manual transmission/ Automatic transmission/Transfer gear oil
- Differential gear oil normal and LSD
- Steering gear oil and/or fluid
- Brake and clutch fluid
- Engine coolant (anti-freeze)
- Battery electrolyte
- Window washer fluid
- Fuel (gasoline or diesel)
Other items / areas not covered
- Fair wear and tear of any part, normal maintenance items and parts and material used in connection with such maintenance (as described and specified in the Pan-European Services Booklet) under the Care of your Mitsubishi.
- Normal deterioration or damage to plated parts, paint coat, rubber parts, upholstery and soft trim caused by daily use, wear and exposure or adjustment of any parts which is caused by normal usage.
- The warranty for Road Wheels does not cover damage or minor irregularities on painted finish, caused by external influence such as stone chipping and kerb damage.
- Minor irregularities not affecting quality, performance or function of the vehicle or parts thereof, e.g. slight noises or vibrations which appear in particular usage or abnormal operations.
- Damage caused by insufficient or improper maintenance, e.g. negligence of daily and/or periodic inspections and maintenance as described in the Pan-European Services Booklet and the Owner Manual issued with your new MME vehicle.
- Damage caused by using non-genuine parts whether the replacement was by an Authorised Dealership or Independent Repairer or servicing/repairs by the vehicle Owner.
- Damage caused by traffic accidents, abuse or negligence of proper handling of the vehicle as set forth in the Owner Manual, misuse of the vehicle, use of the vehicle under unusual conditions i.e. racing or rallying or competition use, modifications of or to the vehicle and/or components/parts thereof not recommended or approved by MME.
- Damage caused by external influences, i.e. chemical pollution, bird lime, acid rain, hail, sand, salt, de-icing agents, stones, fires and disasters or attributed to human fault, negligence, civil uprisings or natural calamities etc.
- Damage to the cargo body or cargo cabin from loading or incorrectly secured goods during transit.
- Charges incidental to breakdowns, i.e. loss of use of vehicle, loss of time, expenses for fuel, telephone, travel, lodging, transportation loss or damage to personal property, commercial loss or loss of revenues.
- Any vehicle on which the odometer reading has been altered so that the mileage cannot be readily determined or confirmed.
- Items limited to 3 years/62,500 mile warranty: 12V Batteries, O₂ Sensors, Diesel Injectors, Glow Plugs on Diesel variants, Condenser Fan Motor.
Please refer to the Pan-European Services Booklet in your vehicle for full warranty details. New vehicles that have not been supplied in the UK by an authorised Mitsubishi Motors Dealer and sourced through the Colt Car Company Limited may not benefit from this warranty. Please check with your authorised Mitsubishi Motors Dealer if you would like confirmation of the warranty relating to your vehicle. The warranty provided is in addition to your legal rights. We reserve the right to inspect the vehicle (whether before or after any work is carried out) and/or any damaged or replaced parts.
Outlander PHEV has an 8 Years/100,000 miles traction battery warranty.
*12V Batteries, O₂ Sensors on all models and Diesel Injectors and Glow Plugs on Diesel variants all limited to 3 years/62,500 miles. Condenser Fan Motor limited to 3 years/62,500 miles on all Shogun and L200 models.